Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipod Nano 7th gen will not connect to my labtop? Itunes says "An Ipod has been detected, but could not be identified." Can someone assist me?

I have tried to go into my device manager and uninstall the apple ipod usb device that is listed, and nothing is working.

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 1:50 PM

5 replies

Feb 3, 2014 5:00 PM in response to taye909

Hi there - I've spoken with Apple and here is their response (worked for me). You need to uninstall not only iTunes, but also (in this order):

1) iTunes

2) Apple Software Update

3) Apple Mobile Device Support

4) Bonjour

5) Apple Application Support

Then you restart your computer.

Then you install the latest version of iTunes (which will reinstall all those things you uninstalled).

Then you restart your computer again.

Mine is working perfectly again now.

I hope it works for you,

Carmen.

Feb 3, 2014 5:01 PM in response to Notapplesbiggestfan

Hi there - I've spoken with Apple and here is their response (worked for me). You need to uninstall not only iTunes, but also (in this order):

1) iTunes

2) Apple Software Update

3) Apple Mobile Device Support

4) Bonjour

5) Apple Application Support

Then you restart your computer.

Then you install the latest version of iTunes (which will reinstall all those things you uninstalled).

Then you restart your computer again.

Mine is working perfectly again now.

I hope it works for you,

Carmen.

My Ipod Nano 7th gen will not connect to my labtop? Itunes says "An Ipod has been detected, but could not be identified." Can someone assist me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.