Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I select a fragment from second to second?

Hi Guys

Since my iMovie help won't show me content, telling me that I'm not connected to the internet...

My client asked me to select specific fragments from certain movies they recorded from their own concerts. So they said to me: select the fragment from 1h30'25" to 1h35'24"...

How can I do this? I really can't believe that the only way of selecting fragments before adding them to the project, is by clicking and selecting and having to listen to the fragment?

Driving me crazy 🙂 Btw, is there a manual?

Thanks

Bob

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 1:44 PM

4 replies

Jun 2, 2013 6:39 PM in response to bobmermans

There is a way to see the time of a spot in the clip.

If the footage was made with a modern HD camcorder or a DV tape camcorder, this should work fine.

If the footage was made with an analog camcorder, there are additional steps. (let me know if you need them)

First, click VIEW/PLAYHEAD INFORMATION. Now you can see the time and date as you skim the clip. You will see the time the clip was shot, not elapsed time from zero, so you may have to calculate that 1:30:25 would be 3:30:25 if the clip began at 1PM for example.

Jun 3, 2013 8:55 AM in response to bobmermans

OK This will involve renaming the clip, so I suggest you rename it in the Finder and then import the clip into iMovie again so that it will generate thumbnails with the new name.

Rename the clip in the form clip-yyyy-mm-dd hh;mm;ss.ext

where

clip must be lower case

yyyy = year

mm = month

dd = day

hh = hour

mm= minutes

ss = seconds

ext = the current file extension (e.g. .dv, .mov, .mp4, etc)

To make it easy for you, the date can be anything, and the hours, minutes, seconds can be 00;00;00 so you can see the time from the beginning.

After changing the name, import into iMovie by using FILE/IMPORT MOVIE.

Now, when you use VIEW/PLAYHEAD INFO, you will see the time when you skim.

How can I select a fragment from second to second?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.