Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Returning iPhone?

I purchased an iPhone online a few days ago however I noticed a surface scratch on the screen and a few scuffs on the back. Since I have OCD with new devices I wish to return it. Can I do it through the apple store or do I need to ship it back to Verizon wireless?

Note: I'm under an employee account for Verizon wireless

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 6:15 PM

10 replies

Jun 2, 2013 6:40 PM in response to Allan Sampson

Thanks for the reply. Something I mistakingly forgot to mention is that I want an exchange, not a return. Meaning I want a new iPhone 5 again. I'm assuming it would still be best for me to take it into a verizon store?

Jun 2, 2013 7:12 PM in response to FelipeV

I thought it was a no questioned asked return policy, but I guess that's not the case. I'll give the apple store a call tomorrow and see if they can do the exchange even though I ordered it from verizon wireless online.

Jun 3, 2013 11:17 AM in response to Community User

So I gave the apple store a call today, they said they are able to handle an exchange with no restocking fee's of any sort. With that said, I do have a new question. Could I use this oppertunity to go with the 32GB iphone 5 instead of the 16gb one that I purchased? Paying the $100 difference of course.

Jun 3, 2013 11:22 PM in response to Community User

So I figured I'd post an update here...

As usual my luck isnt too good. Despite calling apple and them telling me I could exchange it even after ordering it online through verizon, I walk into the store and they said they can't. They are only able to do "in store purchases and online purchases made through the apple store." Of course I was quite angry considering I drove all that way after being told it was possible.

So eventually I was able to call verizon directly and they are sending me a new 32GB iphone 5. And crediting me the 16gb one once I ship it back to them. What's really upsetting is I had to pay a $35 restocking fee through verizon. I'm pretty disappointed that I get penalized for a defect at apple's end. But oh well....

Returning iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.