Hi Eric Ferguson,
Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
For troubleshooting on this, take a look at this article:
iTunes: Specific update-and-restore error messages and advanced troubleshooting
These errors are typically resolved by performing one or more of the steps listed below:
- Perform USB isolation troubleshooting, including trying a different USB port directly on the computer. See the advanced steps below for USB troubleshooting.
- Put a USB 2.0 hub between the device and the computer.
- Try a different USB 30-pin dock-connector cable.
- Eliminate third-party security software conflicts.
- There may be third-party software installed that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting one or more TcpWindowSize entries into your registry. Your default packet size being set incorrectly can cause this error. Contact the manufacturer of the software that installed the packet-size modification for assistance. Or, follow this article by Microsoft: How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) to reset the packet size back to the default for Windows.
- Connect your computer directly to your Internet source, bypassing any routers, hubs, or switches. You may need to restart your computer and modem to get online.
- Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.
Best of luck,