Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using WD's My Book Live without Time Machine

I just backed up my entire system with Time Machine on WDs My Book Live. However, when I go into MBL all I see is the space taken and cannot see any of the files. I understand that I probably need to go through Time Machine to see the files but Id rather not go to specific back ups every time I want to see a picture or a video. Can I back up files individually to MBL without using Time Machine? The last time I tried to just copy and paste into MBL the pictures came back blurry and video looked odd. This MBL is supposed to be compatible with a Mac so I'm not sure whats going on. I am running on OS X Mountain Lion.

Also, if I delete something on my computer after backing it up with Time Machine itll still be in Time Machine right? I need to delete a bunch of video series bc its taking too much room but still want to retain them to watch later.

Thank you!

MacBook

Posted on Jun 3, 2013 1:33 AM

There are no replies.

Using WD's My Book Live without Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.