Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost connection with wireless keyboard and unable to get onto my MAC as it is passowrd protected. I have done the usual change batteries etc, but still the keyboard is not working. Suggestions please....

Lost connection with wireless keyboard and unable to get onto MAC as it is password protected. Tried the usual, change batteries etc, but no luck. Can anyone give me an idea of how to sort this one please...

rgds Kevin

Wireless Keyboard

Posted on Jun 3, 2013 5:10 AM

2 replies

Jun 3, 2013 9:05 AM in response to kjc65

First make sure the batteries aren't dead and that the keyboard hasn't already been paired with another device that's in range. If it hasn't, the keyboard should pair automatically when you reboot. You may have to press and hold the power button on the right side of an Apple keyboard until the LED starts flashing.

Otherwise see these support articles:

Mac mini (Mid 2011 and later) and iMac (Late 2012): Bluetooth keyboard may not pair during Setup Assistant

Apple Wireless Keyboard: Difficulty during pairing process

If you have a third-party Bluetooth keyboard, you may need a wired keyboard to complete the pairing process. It's a good idea to keep a cheap wired keyboard and mouse or trackball as backups for a desktop Mac anyway, because Bluetooth isn't completely reliable.

Lost connection with wireless keyboard and unable to get onto my MAC as it is passowrd protected. I have done the usual change batteries etc, but still the keyboard is not working. Suggestions please....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.