Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edit mp3 tag without iTunes

Firstly apologies if this has been answered before, I have done a search and find similar questions to mine but they tend to spiral off into an app debate.

Essentially I am a long time PC user and so the MAC OS is still fairly alien to me in some respects.

My problem is this :

I have several albums already ripped as MP3's and I will be moving them into iTunes. However before I do this I need to make some changes to the Album Name and Album Artist tags because some are missing / slightly titled different so if I was just to move them into iTunes now I would then have to spend ages trawling a list of songs to regroup them back together.

In Windows I would just select all the tracks, right click and properties and then just correct the tag I want to change for all those files.

This doesn't seem possible from within the Mac OS.

Can anyone help pls?

Thanks in Advance

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jun 3, 2013 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2013 3:52 AM

iTunes is a very versatile tool to do just that.

When you import your ripped cd tracks, display your songs in "Song" view, sorted by "date added", descending. All your most recently imported tracks will appear at the top of the list.

Then you can select them all at once and open the "Info" panel to consolidate the album and artist information.

To edit before importing to iTunes you might try "Quicktime 7". The "Movie Properties" window will let you edit the tags "Artist, Title, Album". But you would need a "Pro" registration key for that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2013 3:52 AM in response to Blastiel

iTunes is a very versatile tool to do just that.

When you import your ripped cd tracks, display your songs in "Song" view, sorted by "date added", descending. All your most recently imported tracks will appear at the top of the list.

Then you can select them all at once and open the "Info" panel to consolidate the album and artist information.

To edit before importing to iTunes you might try "Quicktime 7". The "Movie Properties" window will let you edit the tags "Artist, Title, Album". But you would need a "Pro" registration key for that.

Edit mp3 tag without iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.