Thank you for the question. Troubleshooting syncing issues with iCloud usually involves disabling and enabling the content that you are having an issue syncing. This article should help you with the bookmark syncing issue that you are experiencing.
If you are having trouble using iCloud Bookmarks or Reading List with Safari on a Mac, try each of these steps, testing after each to see if the issue is resolved:
- Make sure you are using OS X Lion 10.7.5 or later. Click here for help verifying the version of OS X you are using.
- Make sure your computer is online. Attempt to view www.apple.com and iCloud.com. If you can't connect to the Internet, your iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List will not update in Safari. Click here for more information about troubleshooting your Internet connection.
- Open a secure website to test if you are online as is necessary for iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List. This also tests if the ports 80 and 443 are accessible. Safari requires port 443 access to iCloud in order to push and pull updates to and from the iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List servers.
- Verify that your iCloud membername is entered into the iCloud preferences pane in System Preferences. See iCloud Setup for more information about setting up iCloud on a Mac.
- If recent changes simply don't appear, try making Safari refresh by quitting and reopening Safari.
- Turn iCloud Bookmarks off and back on. (The same preference applies to Bookmarks and Reading List.)
- Quit Safari.
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu and then choose iCloud.
- If you are using OS X Mountain Lion, deselect the checkbox next to Safari. If you are using OS X Lion, deselect the checkbox next to Bookmarks.
- Close System Preferences and wait about a minute.
- Open System Preferences and choose iCloud
- Select the checkbox next to Safari (or Bookmarks). Click Merge.
- Close System Preferences.
- Open Safari and test to see if the issue has been resolved.
- Restart your computer. This may sound simple, but it does reinitialize your network and application settings and can frequently resolve issues.