Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync PC based Outlook 2010 to OSX server running iCal

I am running OSX Server (10.8x) and I have a couple of users (clients) who use PC's with Outlook 2010 - who also have iPhones. Is it possible, and if so how, to allow them to sync Outlook 2010 with the OSX server so the same calendar is shared across their iOS and Outlook 2010 devices?

PC, Windows Vista

Posted on Jun 3, 2013 10:13 AM

5 replies

Jun 3, 2013 2:39 PM in response to angryiphoneuser

Nope.

If the Windows folks are at all using Outlook for even part of what it does, you really need to connect to Windows Server running Exchange Server, possibly SitePoint, and probably not to a Unix mail system (Postfix, Dovecot, etc) running on OS X Server or another Unix or Linux platform. Experienced Outlook users probably won't be very happy with the results with the Unix tools, if you try that. Microsoft really does this business-mail-calendar-AD-integration stuff quite well, but you're buying the full-stack Windows solution to implement all that, or tying into Azure and the Microsoft on-line services.

AFAIK, there's no CalDAV support for Windows with Outlook by default, and various of the add-on CalDAV-capable calendar clients aren't as capable as what Windows provides.

Might also want to check with Microsoft forum, and see if they have specific suggestions for what clients work with CalDAV, too.

iPhones? Sure. They'll work.

Jun 4, 2013 7:36 AM in response to angryiphoneuser

I have to agree with MrHoffman, trying to use Outlook (for Windows) with OS X Mail/Calendar/Contacts is not a realistic option.

Other than using MS Exchange you could look at Office365 a hosted service which includes Exchange/Outlook integration, or another option is to run Kerio Connect on your Mac server.

Kerio Connect comes with a plugin to let Outlook linkto it and from a user point of view is an adequate solution.

May 10, 2014 5:11 AM in response to angryiphoneuser

now it's possible with EVO Collaborator for Outlook 2007~2013

it enables outlook to use carddav and caldav protocols to connect to MAC OS X Server's addressbook and calendar services.

simply close outlook and install ECO, and open outlook, goto EVO tab, click profile button, and add a new profile, note that the HOST url for Mac OS X Server is https://domainname:8443/

Jul 9, 2014 4:33 PM in response to thomas cooker

I have tried to use EVO Collaborator to connect my PC based outlook to my mac unsuccessfully. I get the same error (connection error 500) each time I try. I can connect using the exact same address and credentials via Firefox but I get the same error 500 when using IE. Is there a setting I am missing? Has anyone successfully connected to a mac server using this software?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sync PC based Outlook 2010 to OSX server running iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.