Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i add songs to a family members ipod without erasing existing songs

How can i add songs to a family members ipod without erasing her existing song list.

iPod touch, Windows XP

Posted on Jun 3, 2013 3:18 PM

5 replies

Feb 9, 2014 1:52 PM in response to gtrela

For future reference, since I came here for the same reason, I'd like to add to the solution. The link was not complete in explaining how to, but then again I'll just trying to attempt to fill in the gap.

After opening iTunes, on the upper left hand side is a small icon with an arrow pointing down. Click on the arrow and a menu pops out. Click on "Show Menu Bar." On the new bar(Older iTunes File, Edit, View, Controls, etc. bar at the top). Click on View and then Show Side Bar. There you can just click and drag new songs into your iDevice without any problems... hopefully...

Seriously, this helped me, so if Apple finds a way to not allow me to do this simple task of adding purchased songs into my idevices from another computer, I'll have to resort to other means.

The one idevice that's having trouble with is my iShuffle(2nd).

how can i add songs to a family members ipod without erasing existing songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.