Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini Windows 7 64 bit without keyboard and mouse and auto restart after power failure enabled. Problem Startup manager give up!

Mac mini Windows 7 64 bit installed bootcamp 4, no keyboard and mouse and auto restart after power failure enabled. When i unplug power source cable and after some time (1/2 hours) mac begin boot sequence, but Startup manager give up!

Because mac mini need sto auto restart in case of power outage and no mouse and keybord is connected, mac still waiting for user choose startup disk, but it's a error because there is only one windows disk partition already set as default.

I'm thinking to use http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind to solve this issue (seem to be possible set timeout to start with default disk partition) or someone have a workaround or any idea to solve this issue ?

Thanks.

Francesco.

Posted on Jun 3, 2013 3:54 PM

3 replies

Jun 7, 2013 1:27 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks, but I already done reset of PRAM.

I also try to set the startup disk using BOOTCAMP -startupdisk diskname parameters, but after 4/5 shutdown and restart the Startup Manager was pop up again :-(.

Seems that PRAM forgot the current selection of starup disk... like a cmos battery failure, but on new Mac Mini it's soldered on main logic board and it's no easy to try to replace.

I still investigate for solution... I hope to found one.

Mac mini Windows 7 64 bit without keyboard and mouse and auto restart after power failure enabled. Problem Startup manager give up!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.