Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i send a quicktime file thats 16 gigs to someone

im trying to send files to people that are quicktime files and are at the most 20 gigs. these are large files. how do i do this? And the clients are PC people who are not computer savvy. Niether am I.

Mac mini

Posted on Jun 3, 2013 5:22 PM

1 reply

Jun 4, 2013 5:04 AM in response to sika1414

im trying to send files to people that are quicktime files and are at the most 20 gigs. these are large files. how do i do this? And the clients are PC people who are not computer savvy. Niether am I.

You basically have three options:

1) Physically send the content on optical media, USB flash drive, or a memory card,

2) Send the files peer-to-peer via one of the IM services, or

3) Post the files to an "online" server or storage device. Of the three, This is probably the most common method. If you do a bit of research on the Internet, you should be able to find more than 50 "Cloud" storage services available. Many are free but limit your free storage to 2-5 GBs of free storage. Some allow you to "earn" additional free space. All allow you to purchase additional space if needed. DropBox is said to dominate this form of service and supposedly accounts for up to 20% of all bandwidth consummed globally by browser-based file sharing services. Personal "Cloud" devices are also gaining popularity of late. These are basically UPnP protocol NAS drives which can also be accessed by browser remotely over the the Internet.

Each of the options mentioned above has its own advantages and disadvantages so you may wish to do a bit of research to compare benefits before making any decision.

User uploaded file

how do i send a quicktime file thats 16 gigs to someone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.