Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes crash in iPhone 5

I have read through previous questions relating to this issue, but don't find any that seem to relate to my problem.

I can scroll down my Notes to a certain point and then they crash.

It seems to be in approximately the same point each time.

There are more notes beyond that point that do not show before the App crashes.

Notes prior to that point can be accessed, and no problems unless I pass the "magic invisible line." when scrolling.

Some of last notes show name of Note, but crash if I try to click on them.

Just started in last 2 days. Have only accessed internet/e-mail through cellular connection (not WiFi) during the time period when I last created a Note and they began crashing.

Lots of Notes! (Too bad Apple doesn't give me a way to sort them--idiotic!)

Is there a number or size limit on Notes?

Have paid iCloud on iPhone, but haven't figured out how to use it yet :-(

System Answers (hope this covers it!)

iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.4

email used on iPhone is gmail

access Outlook Comcast email occassionally

Default save is to phone

Please help. (And recommend a better App to keep my Notes?)

(Apologies if I can't get back to replies immediately--temporarily no reliable internet access except at McD's)

Thank you for any help.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 3, 2013 11:41 PM

2 replies

Jun 10, 2013 1:56 PM in response to Basemath

There are TONS of apps for notes. It depends on your preferences. Evernote will sync across all platforms and devices, including your laptop/desktop if you're using Mac's. (not sure if it does the same with pc's) You can take photos to use with Evernote as well. They update frequently-but not too frequently.....just what's needed. You can organize it however you like.

i use one called "Catch". Unfortunaely it's not in the app store, web-based, but it's got a beautiful interface and very clean. They have what they call "spaces". I don't know when/if it will be in the app store. It has disadvantages in this regard.

You can also use the "Reminders" app on your phone. I don't know if you can categorize with this or not, plus when you check off a reminder, it disappears, so it might not be what you're looking for.

Don't have an answer to your "notes" question as i don't use it....sorry. i'm sure someone will pop in to help! take care! 🙂

Notes crash in iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.