Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac startup issues

My iMac recently started freezing up until the point of where I had to turn it off but now when I start it up, it does not make the startup chime, the fans start to make noise for about 1 second and then the computer shuts off. The computer is "off" for about 3 seconds then the computer seems to startup again and the fans start to run but the screen is black, I have tried restarting it over and over again. I've left it on this black screen for about an hour and it does not change. Yes, I know I did not say the model becuase I currently do not know what it is, I do belive it's 10.7.5 though.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 3, 2013 11:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2013 11:27 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Try to reset the SMC > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964 If this is a software issue, it should be fixed.

If it doesn't work, probably your computer is damaged. Take your computer to an Apple Store or reseller to get your iMac diagnosed

4 replies

iMac startup issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.