Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move network home folders

I have the need to move network home folders for all users from on physical hard drive on my server to another physical hard drive.

Problem being is the "User" folders are on the system drive and that is rapidly filling up with software updates etc. So much so the software update server will not download any new updates.

Currently I have a hard drive named "Server" where all of the system files and things like that are kept, along with all of the network home folders.

I have a second hard drive named "Server HD" to which I have copied the Users folder.

Is it simply a case of deleting the existing "Users" share point and re-creating it pointing at the copied "Users" folder on "Server HD"?

I've delayed pulling the trigger on this one as it's a school network and could potentially cause a lot of disruption.

Mac mini Server (Mid 2011), OS X Server

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 12:44 AM

There are no replies.

Move network home folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.