Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to check to see if an IMEI has been submitted for unlock?

I wanted to ask is there is any way to check IMEI numbers to see whether or not they have been submitted to Apple for an unlock??

I have two phones I need to check, and iPhone 4 which is my daughters and was a birthday present, and an iPhone 5 which is mine. Both are NOT blacklisted, barred, reported lost or stolen, both are legitimate phones.

The iPhone 4 was paid for in full 3 weeks ago, and is locked to VODAFONE UK. The company told me 1-3 days, three weeks later, nothing, and all I get from them now is "we will email you when its been done"

The iPhone 5 is locked to Orange/EE UK, this again was done three weeks ago, but directly through ORANGE, who tell me the unlock request has been submitted, and it is imminent but then they have me a "HOW TO" of how to unlock it, and told me this has to be done this way or it wont work??

Here is what they told me I had to do they sent this via email

Please find the process for unlocking your Apple handset:-

Before attempting the procedure, please take a moment to read the following information. Please make sure that your iphone is up to date the latest software version. This can be checked by connecting your device to iTunes via a PC/Mac/Laptop.

Please be aware that if you have used an unauthorised unlock on your Apple device then Orange cannot be held responsible for any errors that may occur, as this procedure will not only be unsuccessful, it may damage the device. If you have modified the software please update with the latest Apple approved version.

Apple devices differ from all other manufacturers in that there is no code required to enter into your device to unlock it. However Orange have requested on your behalf to Apple that your device be prepared for unlock and the procedure below advises how you can complete this process. Only handset’s that have been requested to be unlocked viaOrange or other networks can be unlocked this way and the below instruction will not work another Apple devices.

Apple Unlock Procedure

1)Insert a non-T-mobile 3G SIM card. This must be a network provider who also supplies the iphone/ipad.
2)Switch ON the handset.
3)Connect to iTunes using USB cable
4)Use the “restore” option within iTunes (located at the bottom of iTunes not the top)
5)The handset may then display: USB cable and iTunes icon.
6)Disconnect from USB then re-connect
7)Synchronise device with iTunes
8)Once synchronised a message will appear on iTunes stating “Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked” If using IOS5 this message will not show
9)Follow on screen set up instructions to enable new carrier settings

Your handset should now be successfully unlocked

Should this not show, please keep other network 3G sim in the iphone and restore the iphone via iTunes making sure all data is backed up first.
You can also get some self help tips, please put the following into Google and search; support.apple.com/kb/TS3198

Regards

If anyone has any idea, please let me know, its driving me mad lol, two iphones, both not working 😟

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 4:29 AM

Unfortunately, many carriers "drag their feet" when it comes to processing iPhone unlock requests. All Apple does is add the phone's IMEI number to the officially unlocked database, and Apple does this immediately. The breakdown is with your carrier.

You can call AppleCare, they'll be able to tell you whether the IMEI number is in the database or not.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2013 4:29 AM in response to Peperami

Unfortunately, many carriers "drag their feet" when it comes to processing iPhone unlock requests. All Apple does is add the phone's IMEI number to the officially unlocked database, and Apple does this immediately. The breakdown is with your carrier.

You can call AppleCare, they'll be able to tell you whether the IMEI number is in the database or not.

Is there a way to check to see if an IMEI has been submitted for unlock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.