Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook only works with charger plugged in

Not been on my macbook for a week however I realised I left it on sleep for the week... When I have gone to put it on charge it won't charge up and only stays on if the adapter is plugged in?! I really need to get this sorted as I use it a lot for work and on the go

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 7:21 AM

Have you tried resetting the System Management Controller? That is a good first step for power related issues such as this.

What is the status of your battery? Look in the System Profiler (Apple menu > About this Mac > More Info) under Power. If it says the battery needs replacing, you should do so.

Best of luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2013 7:21 AM in response to iffykhan89

Have you tried resetting the System Management Controller? That is a good first step for power related issues such as this.

What is the status of your battery? Look in the System Profiler (Apple menu > About this Mac > More Info) under Power. If it says the battery needs replacing, you should do so.

Best of luck.

macbook only works with charger plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.