I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with Maps on your iPad.
The article below will provide some general information and troubleshooting for Maps:
If you're unable to find your location, try the following:
- Ensure that Location Services is enabled. Tap Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- For Maps to find and track your location, both Locations Services and Maps must be set to On.
- Restart your device.
- Verify that cellular data or Wi-Fi is enabled.
If traffic is not properly displayed, verify that the Traffic setting is enabled. Tap Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services and confirm Traffic is set to On.If Maps fails to display results, results are incorrect, locations are missing, or you experience any other issue while using Maps, you can report the issue:
- Tap Overview, then tap the lower-right corner of the display.
- Tap Report a Problem.
- Choose the appropriate issue description and follow the onscreen instructions.
* Turn-by-turn navigation is available only on iPhone 4S and iPad 2 or later with cellular data capability. Flyover is available only on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2 or later, and iPod touch (5th generation). Cellular data charges may apply.
I would also suggest you close all of your open apps:
And turn your cellular data off and then back on.
If the issue persists, you may need to Restore your iOS Software:
I hope this information helps ....
Have a great day!