Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

purchasing songs from itunes another country

Hi, anyone please help me to answer my question.

Am I able to purchase songs from another itunes store ( different country ) as the products are not available in my own itunes store country. For example, my itunes store country is in indonesia and i would like to buy songs from itunes store japan.

Thank you for your help.

iPod touch (2nd generation), iOS 4.2

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 3:44 AM

No, you can only buy content from your own country's store - to be able to buy from the Japanese store you will need to be in Japan with a Japanese billing address and iTunes account. You can try requesting that the songs that you want to buy be added to the Indonesian store, but ultimately it's the record company that will have to grant Apple a license to sell them there : http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

Are the songs available on other music purchase download sites that you have access to ?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2013 3:44 AM in response to J_ES

No, you can only buy content from your own country's store - to be able to buy from the Japanese store you will need to be in Japan with a Japanese billing address and iTunes account. You can try requesting that the songs that you want to buy be added to the Indonesian store, but ultimately it's the record company that will have to grant Apple a license to sell them there : http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

Are the songs available on other music purchase download sites that you have access to ?

purchasing songs from itunes another country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.