Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting Footage Shot in Canon HF G10 Cinema Mode

I am currently shooting a film using Canon's HF G10 Cinema Mode and using Final Cut Express to edit it. I imported the footage no problem and it looks incredible; however, once I export it using Quicktime or Quicktime Conversion, the video color is washed out, it's blurry and blotchy, and the film look has disappeared. I've tried several things and done a lot of research but I can't seem to fix the issue. Can anyone help?

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 7:33 AM

3 replies

Jun 4, 2013 9:00 AM in response to djkerber

I suspect this has something to do with the Canon Cinema Mode, which is a combination of an in-camera filter plus PF24 recording mode (24p over 60i). FCE does not support 24fps nor does it support progressive in any mode other than 720p. Canon's PF24 is a proprietary method of putting 24p material in a 60i video recording.

Start by checking the clip properties for one of your clips. (Control-click a clip in the FCE Browser, select Item Properties, and tell us what it says for compressor, vid rate and frame size.) Also check your Sequence settings for the Sequence you put the clip into - tell us what it says for compressor, vid rate and frame size. Post what you find for each.

Exporting Footage Shot in Canon HF G10 Cinema Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.