Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

charging ipad in europe

Im from mexico, if I go to europe would I need an AC convertor to charge my ipad or I would only need the outlet plug

iPad, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 8:47 AM

4 replies

Jun 5, 2013 6:39 AM in response to CarlosOnofre

While the Apple kit is great, for the most part, there is one of each type of adapter, I think two for Europe.

You probably already own the cables.

Please note that the adapters for UK - Ireland and England, use a three prong outlet, while in most of Europe it's a two round prongs. (Some packages call these adapters for Europe or southern Europe. They're the same.)

It's inexpensive to buy three of what you need, depending on your needs. If you're travelling alone or with friends who will buy their own, you'll probably have plenty with three. If you're travelling with family, you might consider more. If that's the case, you might want to consider a power strip with more outlets (some have usb included)

so you can charge phones, ipads, cameras, ipods, etc. all at once. We have been bringing a power strip on vacations and weekend trips for years (in carry-on bags.) Everything gets charged overnight. Someone pointed out in another thread last week that Amazon sells a power strip for the UK, so my guess is that they'll have one for Europe, too.

Individually, the adapters are about $3.00 each. See which will work for you.

Hope this helps.

charging ipad in europe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.