Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari bookmarks gone

I have seen a few topics about this issue, but most of them had updated or had a power failure before their bookmarks disappeared. I however, have done nothing at all to change the phone settings or anything at all, yet when I woke up this morning all of my bookmarks were gone. I don't have another device it could have synced to, so I know that isn't the problem.

It also appears that I can't add any bookmarks either. So only the default ones that come with the phone are showing up.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or even what might have happened?

Ok, and I just checked my IOS so I could properly post my question and realized it may have updated on its own, like many have said they experienced. How would I know if it had? I really don't know what IOS it started with so I don't know how to tell if it had in fact updated on its own or even how to tell if that is what caused the problem.

And if it updating (if that is what happened) caused the bookmarks to disappear and is preventing me from adding any new ones, is there a way to get my favorites back? Or at the very least allow me to add new ones?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! This is my first iPhone and already it is driving me crazy.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 7:02 AM

1 reply

Jun 4, 2013 7:14 AM in response to Zyadai

Update: After posting my question, the site showed me similar topics and I found one that was extremely helpful in fixing this problem. While I still don't know the cause, apparently clearing the cookies brings back the bookmarks. Why they disappeared in the first place, I guess I will never know.

Link to the topic:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4476219?answerId=22165022022#22165022022

Safari bookmarks gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.