Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 6.1.4 iphone 5 cannont connect to wireless network

I have tried hard reboot, reset network settings, join other network, and renew on my iPhone 5. Still cannont connect to wi-fi network. I can see the network I want to connect to.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 9:14 AM

1 reply

Jun 6, 2013 8:56 AM in response to rshuster62

Hey rshuster62,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're on the right track as far as troubleshooting goes. There are a couple more troubleshooting steps in the following article that can help, I'd give them a shot and see if that resolves the issue:

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398

Here are a few steps in that article that I would do:

1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you are connected. Then tap the arrow button and Forget this Network. Try to connect to your desired Wi-Fi network again.

Note: You will need to enter your Wi-Fi password again if your desired network requires one.

2. Turn your Wi-Fi router off and then on again. If your ISP also provides cable or phone service, check with them before attempting this step to avoid interruption of service.
  3. Update your device to the latest version of software.
  4. Update your Wi-Fi router to the latest firmware.

For AirPort Base Stations, see this article for information about firmware updates.

5. If you are using a public or commercial network that requires a login or subscription, see this article for more information.
  6. Check to see if you have a self-assigned IP address:
    • Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you are connected. Then tap the arrow.
    • If your IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx, see this article.
  7. Some third-party routers may not be compatible with all iOS devices, even after updating to the latest firmware. If your iOS devices can successfully connect to other Wi-Fi networks, contact your router's manufacturer to ensure that your router is compatible with your iOS device.
  8. See recommended settings for configuring your Wi-Fi router for use with iOS devices.

Have a good one,

David

ios 6.1.4 iphone 5 cannont connect to wireless network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.