Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic pro 9 crashing

Hello all....

Im running Mac Mini 2.4ghz Intell core 2 duo, 8GB ram, 500GB HD, Apogee Ensemble interface, Moutain Lion 10.8.3 & Logic Pro 9.1.8.

2 Days ago Logic has been running just fine, starting last night everytime I open logic it crashes imediately. Ive deleted the logic.plist, ive reinstalled moutain lion OS, ive reinstalled logic from the app store, ive check for all my updates, ive checked for new drivers for my Apogee Ensemble. Nothing is working! What to do now???

ANY HELP WOULD BE AMAZING....

Thank you heaps in advance!

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 11:38 AM

Anything installed (software/hardware) between the time Logic was functioning and now?

Are you using a MIDI controller, if so, which one.

Did you delete the control surfaces file? (.cs extension)

See this document.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2375

look at the last part of deleting user preferences.

6 replies

Jun 4, 2013 8:27 PM in response to Pancenter

I did install the Kramer tape simulated plugin & sound toys bundle. I used the sound toys bundle before it started crashing, the only plugin I didn't use is the Kramer tape yet not have i opened it with it installed.

Midi controller is a 88 key korg N1 synthesizer

I didnt delete the control surface files.

It does not work using built in audio, not does it work in 64bit mode.

I can paste the crash report if that would help?

Thanks for the replies, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this quickly. I have a session coming up on Monday afternoon.

- Aaron

Jun 4, 2013 8:30 PM in response to NoNameWorks

Sorry my typing was crazy... I meant to say, I have installed the Kramer tape plug but have not used it or opened Logic with it installed. I got that plug after the sound toys bundle. I used the sound toys bundle before installing the Kramer tape plug, but I didn't open or use logic nor the Kramer tape plug before it started crashing.

-Aaron

Logic pro 9 crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.