Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 problems

1) My trackpad for macbook air is messed up. it keeps highlighting things, grabbing things, creating new web pages etc.

2) my charger is not working. Theres a small hole in the cable, but thats the only physical damage it has. whats weird is it stopped working the same time my brothers did, and we got computers the same time.

anyone have tips on how to fix either or both of them

Ps: The trackpad issue is annoying but its not as important as the charger.

MacBook Air (11-INCH, MID 2011)

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 5:39 PM

2 replies

Jun 7, 2013 6:28 AM in response to macbookboy97

Hello macbookboy97,

Thank you for providing all the information you did about what is going on. I found articles that will help with both issues.

I recommend reviewing the following articles for issues with your trackpad on your MacBook Air:

Portables and Magic Trackpad: Jumpy or erratic trackpad operation

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1449

Magic Trackpad: Avoiding unintentional clicks

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4321

I also found an article to troubleshoot issues with your MagSafe adapter. One thing you mentioned is that both your brother's and your power adapters went out at the same time. I am not sure if you were at the same location, but sometimes line noise issues can cause the power adapter to shut off. I recommend trying out this step:

Identify line noise issues.

Unplug the power adapter from the wall, let it sit for 60 seconds, then plug the adapter back in.

• If the adapter works after this 60-second "rest", you most likely have a line noise issue with your power source. You should reset the adapter periodically by repeating this moment of rest. This issue occurs when the AC adapter's "over voltage protection" feature senses ground noise and then turns off the adapter.
  • Some possible sources of line noise include lights with ballasts, refrigerators, or mini-refrigerators that are on the same electrical circuit as your computer. This behavior may not occur if you plug the power adapter into an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) or plug it into a different circuit.
  • Unless the adapter continues to exhibit this behavior on a known good outlet, it does not need to be replaced.

If this step does not help, please follow the rest of the steps in the article:

Apple Portables: Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1713

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Jun 10, 2013 7:24 PM in response to sheila_m.

I've just had this problem on my 15 month old Air 11". Took it Genius Bar and they wanted $110 to fix. I left and cracked open my Mac. It seems that the two thin metal spring plates that attach the trackpad to the body, and keep the trackpad sprung up off the microswitch, becomes slightly bent and loses its springiness. I removed the trackpad and gently bent the sring plates back, reassembled, and now it works fine.

2 problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.