Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If robber decides to activate iCloud on a registered iPod, will I be able to track it?

So, here's the deal. My iPod touch 5G was stolen on Friday night. I was at a concert and either the robber took it out of my bag without me realising (which I find rather difficult) or I accidentally dropped it from my bag and the person who found it decided not to give it back. I've been browsing several posts about losing a device and trying to find it, but it seems to be impossible without having activated iCloud. I took other measures such as reporting the device (with serial number) stolen to MacStores, so if the robber tries to get Tech Support, they will recognize it as a stolen device and let me know. By now, the iPod is for sure out of power and, therefore, off. I hadn't activated iCloud on the iPod (I had had it for only two weeks) but I do have it activated on my PC and the iPod is registered with my AppleID. So this idea came to my mind: let's say this person decides to keep the iPod and use it himself. If this person decides to turn on iCloud, then will I be able to track it? Isn't the device linked to my Apple ID through the registration and, therefore, to my iCloud account? Or can a device be registered simoultaneously to more than one device?

I hope I was clear and that you folks can give me an answer

Cheers!

iPod touch (5th generation), Pink, violet case

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 7:59 PM

2 replies

If robber decides to activate iCloud on a registered iPod, will I be able to track it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.