Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Capture photo import error after fresh OS install / iphone 5

Hi,

I always use Image Capture to upload photos and video from my iPhone 5 (running 6.1) to my desktop. The other day the Genius Bar reinstalled my OS (10.6.8) due to an unrelated problem, and since then any time I try to dump my pics, Image Capture gets about halfway through and then says "Import error. An error cocured while importing. 158 items were not imported:" and then it lists out all the photos that haven't been uploaded since the last successful attempt.

I tried to use Preview to do the same job, but it gets all of them until the photos begin renumbering from zero (I've taken a lot of photos) and then it stops. So unless there's a workaround for that, Preview won't work for me.

Anybody have any ideas how to get Image Capture working again? I feel like this has happened before after an OS upgrade but can't remember for sure.

Thank you,

Jennie

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 9:49 PM

There are no replies.

Image Capture photo import error after fresh OS install / iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.