Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unsynch Facebook Contacts from iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1.4)

So, I have tried the following steps (found here and elsewhere on the web) to get my Facebook contacts out of my phone:

1. Settings > Facebook > Allow these Apps to Use Your Account: Calendar and Contacts to OFF (clicked "Update all Contacts")

Result: No change; all Facebook friends in contacts

2. Settings > iCloud > Contacts: set slider to OFF

Result: Asked if I wanted to keep the contacts from iCloud on phone. Choosing Yes resulted in no change to contacts. Choosing No deleted all of my contacts from phone (and gave me a heart attack)

3. Facebook App > Log Out

Result: No change to contacts.

4. Settings > Facebook > Delete Account (to delete account off iPhone only).

Result: Took contacts list down to 50 (some random Facebook contacts a few others) and wiped out nearly all manually entered contacts (gave me heart attack # 2).

5. Settings > Facebook > Add Account. Signed back up; was told that my contacts and calendar would be synched and that I could turn that off (using the same method as #1 above).

Result: Back where I began with Facebook friends in my contact list.

I am at my wit's end with this issue. I don't know what to do since I've tried everything I've found on the Internet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 11:46 PM

3 replies

Unsynch Facebook Contacts from iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1.4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.