Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport express 5.6 install problems on osx 10.7.5

Anyone know why everytime I try to install airport express 5.6 on osx 10.7.5 it gives me the error "installation failed". I've tried several times to reinstall it but I keep getting the same error

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 11:59 PM

9 replies

Jun 7, 2013 10:43 AM in response to matt00

Matt M.,

User ckatona was asking how to configure an 802.11g AirPort Extreme Base Station.

As you know, AirPort Utility 6.2 does not support older 802.11g AirPorts, so your recommendation to use AirPort Utility 6.2 is puzzling.

Could you explain more about how AirPort Utility 6.2 could be used to configure an older "g" AirPort Base Station?

Jun 7, 2013 9:05 PM in response to Carlo TD

Please check at the very top of the post for context. The user is posting regarding.......

AirPort Base Station: How to set up and configure an 802.11g AirPort Extreme Base Station or AirPort Express in OS X Lion

AirPort Utility 6.2 in Lion or Mountain Lion does not support an older 802.11g device, so advising the user to download and install AirPort Utility 6.2....when it is very likely already installed on a Lion or Mountain Lion machine .....does not solve the issue here.

AirPort Utility 5.6....which the user needs to configure the 802.11g AirPort Extreme.....cannot be installed on 10.7.5 or any 10.8.x Macs without using some workarounds.....not supported by Apple as far as I can tell.

Can you advise on this?

Jun 9, 2013 6:48 PM in response to ckatona

I am having the same problem - trying to install Airport Utility 5.6 in order to configure an older Airport Express from OS 10.7.5, and keep getting an error that the install failed. Log says:

Jun 9 21:33:57 ComputerName xpchelper[1754]: could not open dyld map file: (null)

Jun 9 21:33:59 ComputerName Installer[1733]: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Jun 9 21:34:20 ComputerName installd[656]: Exiting.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

Airport express 5.6 install problems on osx 10.7.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.