Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help setting up a Mail filter to mark gmail Spam as read

I’m using gmail with Mail and have set up a Smart Folder that catchs all my unread mail. What I’m trying to accomplish is to mark all Spam as read, so it doesn’t show up in this Smart Folder.

I have a rule:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Gmail seems to do a pretty good job catching Spam and labeling it in the header but my rule doesn’t seem to be reading the header. For example,

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Shows up in my Unread Smart folder. I’m guessing that even though I see the “Spam” designation, for some reason it really isn’t part of the message and thus isn’t caught by the filter.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

STeve

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), iPad 2 and iPhone 5

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 2:20 AM

1 reply

Jun 5, 2013 3:11 AM in response to sesweitzer

Add words like "sample" "free" and other typical topics and words there are in junkmail to Message Containt rule.

Your Message containt rule most likely doesn't work because the junk message doesn't contain word "Spam".

Message containt rule checks if message has certain words, not what it is marked as.

You can also check if there's option to rule messages received from certain e-mail addresses to be moved to junk mail.

Message was edited by: villefromhelsinki

Need help setting up a Mail filter to mark gmail Spam as read

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.