Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile manager will not allow me to sign in to Admin console

Hi guys,

Profile manager was working perfectly on my Lion Server, it was initially set up via a departed colleague. I've not made many changes since I took over as everything is working okay.

Recently I have got round to exploring profile manager fully, I haven't made any changes to this at all, however recently when I login with my AD crednetials which have previously worked it seems to hang, if i then try an access profile manger via hostname.domain.com/mydevices or /profilemanager I get a 503 and have to reboot the server in order to get it to display the login page.

I have tried rebooting the service via terminal, turned it on and off in the server.app Checked that AD is working correctly for other parts of the server. Tried reseting it all via Apple's instructions.

Drawing complete blanks, any help would be apprciated.

Thanks

Asamoah19

Mac Pro, OS X Server

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 2:30 AM

2 replies

Jun 5, 2013 3:23 AM in response to asamoah19

Okay - more investigation - have looked through the console records - Appears to be a problem with OD error below:

Process: opendirectoryd [725]

Path: /usr/libexec/opendirectoryd

Identifier: opendirectoryd

Version: ??? (???)

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [1]

Date/Time: 2013-06-05 11:21:03.400 +0100

OS Version: Mac OS X Server 10.7.5 (11G63)

Report Version: 9

Crashed Thread: 8 Dispatch queue: com.apple.opendirectoryd.api_validation

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:

Assertion failed: (request->node == NULL), function _odrequest_api_validate, file /SourceCache/opendirectoryd/opendirectoryd-172.17/src/api_requests.c, line 2230.

Profile manager will not allow me to sign in to Admin console

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.