Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I permanently delete Mail from my Mac? Have deleted it several ways, always comes back?

How do I permanantly delete mail from my Mac? I have tried several ways, always comes back.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 6:47 AM

3 replies

Jun 5, 2013 7:02 AM in response to stetson5530

if it's a pop3 account and it's set never to delete on server then you well need to delete it in the server

one would typically do this by using the mail providers web client

if exchange or imap it would automaticly delete when you do

in which case I would mail the mail provider to hear if they were experiencing issues in their end

Jul 6, 2015 1:21 AM in response to stetson5530

In Mail, go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts then take a look at your settings for each account you have.

If you have a look at your settings for Junk you probably have it set to Store Junk Messages on the Server.

This is ok, but if you have it set to Never Delete Junk Messages they will keep coming back to your Junk Mailbox.

If you set it to Delete Junk Messages after One Day or One Week after this time they should not come back to your Junk Mailbox.

I hope this helps as I know how frustrating this can be.

How do I permanently delete Mail from my Mac? Have deleted it several ways, always comes back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.