Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Restarting/Freezing

Hello. I just purchased a macbook pro and it seems to randomly go black when I try to open or close certain apps. Then the grey screen comes up explaining that it had to restart. There seems to be no pattern and it often will open back up at the same point I left off. I've only had the computer for 1 week. I did install mountain lion and some other basic apps(evernote, skitch, present, etc.). I've been reading several forum about this but have yet to see a consitent answer.

Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 7:39 AM

2 replies

Dec 8, 2013 9:02 AM in response to biobunn

I would return the computer and ask for a new one.

However, I had a similar problem--my macbook pro began restarting randomly several times daily after upgrading to Maverick. I fixed the problem by adding my "Macintosh HD" to the System Preferences-->Spotlight-->Privacy list. Then I restarted my MacBook. Then after restarting, I went back to System Preferences-->Spotlight-->Privacy and removed "Macintosh HD".

I believe this causes Spotlight to re-index my hard drive.

It has definitely helped me!

Macbook Pro Restarting/Freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.