Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Scenes of Project in iDVD after exported from iMovie

So I finished a project in iMovie, the project is around 1.5 hours. I've made it into 20 different scenes (chapter mark), but when I export it to iDVD there are 2 scenes missing. I already change the encoding settings to Professional Quality but it makes no difference the scenes are still missing.

Anybody know what to do?

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 6:04 PM

Welcome,

You should set your Preferences (including encoding) before importing your video. Pro should work well.

Please clarify -- are the chapter markers or the menu items missing? (ie, when you play the DVD, can you jump around with the chapter button on the remote control to all the right spots? -- this will clarify whether it's an iMovie or iDVD problem)

John

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2013 6:04 PM in response to ganesha.r

Welcome,

You should set your Preferences (including encoding) before importing your video. Pro should work well.

Please clarify -- are the chapter markers or the menu items missing? (ie, when you play the DVD, can you jump around with the chapter button on the remote control to all the right spots? -- this will clarify whether it's an iMovie or iDVD problem)

John

Jun 5, 2013 6:43 PM in response to J Keller

Hey John, thanks for your reply.

I figured that before, but still no change. I even tried changing it to High Quality first, so changing into Professional Quality was my last move.

Though the chapter markers are still complete just exactly like I marked on iMovie. I get to jump around to the part where i chapter marked it, only there are 2 scenes that i've chapter marked missing.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Jun 7, 2013 7:18 AM in response to ganesha.r

Yes, it is very clear and very confusing. I don't think chapter markers are the problem.

Is the video all from the same source? In other words, if the video in chapters 3 and 4 are in an odd .avi format, for example, perhaps iDVD is having trouble handling it and the video needs to be converted to another format.

You may also wish to try some of the basic strategies suggested in this forum -- make sure your versions of iDVD and QuickTime are up to date, make sure there's enough hard disk space on your main HD (15+ G on boot drive), delete your preference file for iDVD (plist file) since it can become corrupted, empty your iDVD cache...

John

Jun 8, 2013 3:22 AM in response to J Keller

Hey John,

Thank you very much for your time & all your thoughts are very much appreciated.

So After so many attempts I decided to switched some of the scenes and, VOILA it appeared completely God knows how. Though the scenes are kind of mixed up, I'd rather have it than having a movie with missing scenes.

Once again I would like to thank you for your time and have good day.

Cheers

Missing Scenes of Project in iDVD after exported from iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.