Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Asian font support for apps?

In iOS 6, Apple removed support for Asian fonts needed for pdfs whose Asian fonts are not actually embedded in the files.

Does anyone know if there is an app in the App store that contains these fonts that would make them available for other applications to use? Or would that be considered a change to the OS and not be allowed?

For myself, resaving these PDFs to embed the fonts is not a viable option - I have 2,000 of them on my iPad and not only is that more work than is worth, but it increases the size of each file by a factor of 10. Not only that but they open a lot slower (I tried it on one or two of them). It's a terrible idea if one has a lot of files.

I'm looking into other manufacturers' tablets to replace my iPad to see if they h, but if I can find an app that will let me keep my pad for the purpose for which I bought it, that would be even better.

Thanks!

iPad, iOS 6.1.3, 16GB

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 11:37 AM

There are no replies.

iOS Asian font support for apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.