Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set Logic Tempo From MainStage

Hi everyone, I'm a little new to the forum stuff, but I'd like to know if anyone has figured out how to feed the midi clock from Mainstage into Logic so that the tempo in Logic is based on that from Mainstage and can be changed in real time via the tap tempo in Mainstage.

I've already gotten Logic and Mainstage to talk to each other by using the IAC driver (for instance, using the click and ports environment in Logic, I can use Logic to transmit midi sequences to Mainstage). What I haven't figured out to do yet, however, is how to effectively change the tempo in Logic. I'm using a POD HD500 as my midi foot controller, and so far all I've managed to do is set up a tempo fader in the environment, but when I use the HD500 to transmit a CC and alter the tempo, the fader only changes between the minimum value 0 (setting the tempo to 50), and the maximum value 127 (setting the tempo to 177). I don't know if my HD500 will effectively be able to control the tempo in Logic like it does in Mainstage, so I'm wondering if there is any way to send the tap tempo from Mainstage to Logic, possibly using the IAC driver.

I know this sounds weird, but it's a very effective way to have a sequencer inside of Mainstage using Logic's Touch Tracks. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Logic Pro, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 12:32 PM

2 replies

Jun 6, 2013 9:27 AM in response to swanny8777

Hi

swanny8777 wrote:

I'd like to know if anyone has figured out how to feed the midi clock from Mainstage into Logic so that the tempo in Logic is based on that from Mainstage and can be changed in real time via the tap tempo in Mainstage.

Logic can only act as MIDI Clock Master (rather than Slave). It will slave to MTC, but MS cannot send MTC.

You might do better to consider running MS slaved up to Logic (setting the MS Concert to get tempo from MIDI Input sent from Logic)?

Alternatively, you might want to take a look at Ableton Live, possibly Rewired up to MS

CCT

Set Logic Tempo From MainStage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.