Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook 2013 Font Size in Preview Pane

Our first Mac user in the office - Macbook Air - purchased last week.

We have installed Office 2013 for MAC.

How can we adjust the preview pane font size - make is larger.

We can adjust the font size for new messages and the inbox list of emails is large. But the preview pane font is still small. Cannot figure out how to permanently make it larger. We understand that we can open the message and zoom on each one. but looking for a permanent solution.

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 11:51 AM

27 replies

Jun 6, 2013 7:03 AM in response to SJMP

Open the Outlook preferences and click on the Fonts icon. You can set the font and point size for both HTML and plain text messages. As with all email apps, this is how you will see the fonts as you compose a message, not necessarily how the recipient will.

If an incoming email is too small for a person to comfortably read, you can press Command + to increase the size of the message, and Command - to decrease.

Jun 6, 2013 9:00 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Hmmm....

I already explained that we understand how to change the font size of new messages.

I already explained that we are looking for a permanent solution to the preview pane font size of incoming messages. I was clear about Command + to zoom on an individual message basis.

Your response just regurgitated what I already wrote as non-solutions.

Kurt - two responses which neither added any value to by question. You need not respond again unless you have a helpful response.

Thanks Scott

Jun 6, 2013 12:23 PM in response to TildeBee

Seriously? Look at the header it says OUTLOOK. Two of you cannot disseminate what app I am referring to?

In my original email I said Email, Incoming Messages, Preview Pane, Inbox - - Sorry I thought that would be clear - Outlook, Outlook for Mac, the version Apple is now shipping office for Mac.... Whatever version they are shipping.

Outlook for Mac 2011 - if you search there store there is only one edition being shipped now - Office 2011... nothing sooner or later.

How on earth can you not know what app I am talking about.

Any I found the answer.... You can't

Best,

Scott

Jun 6, 2013 12:23 PM in response to SJMP

How can we adjust the preview pane font size of OfficeMac 2011 and make it larger?

All you get is type size increase is in what the program itself provides. So you'll have to hit Microsoft support for that question.

OS X does not provide font size increases in the user interface like Windows does to some extent, although dropping the OS X resolution can make things on the screen appear bigger, it's also less sharp as a result.

The small (and glossy) screen of the MacBook Air sounds like it's unsuitable for your needs and since OS X is somewhat unfriendly to those with hard of seeing issues, it's likely Windows 7 would be a better option and offer better file compatability with other Windows machines with the same fonts and type spacing etc.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. 😟

Jun 6, 2013 12:27 PM in response to SJMP

SJMP wrote:

Seriously? Look at the header it says OUTLOOK. Two of you cannot disseminate what app I am referring to?

How on earth can you not know what app I am talking about.

Any I found the answer.... You can't

FYI the moderaters are watching this thread and seeing your hostile behavior.

It's understandable to get fustrated especially with a new operating system you might not be familiar with, but don't go taking that out on people here only trying to assist. 🙂

We are just other users here helping others, we don't speak or work for Apple, if you have a complaint here's the form.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

Outlook 2013 Font Size in Preview Pane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.