Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display flickering Retina MacBook Pro (NEW)

My new computer MacBook Pro retina is developed flickering light going throw the screen 😟 Is anybody else having these problems?

Apple says that I'm the only one.

What should I do?

you know how I can fix it?

This is what it looks like, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTOx8BgT_7Q&feature=share&list=PLiiASQax4JifDniTm RUO6OfhoNtX70cZR in this link 😟

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 12:47 PM

18 replies

Jun 6, 2013 2:56 PM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

The Genius Bar said that they dont think anything is wrong with the computer, and they don't know about any flickering and say, the Genius Bar could send it off, told me to buy a hard drive ($80) to backup my information and wait for my computer to come back and that it could be two weeks or longer. 😟

Do you know somebody who's computer was flickering and Apple fixed it?

Jun 8, 2013 5:13 AM in response to Suckerd

You've been posting this same complaint for several days, without any variation. Here's the bottom line:

1) The numerous duplicated cross-posts aren't helping you. In fact, they may cause many of the more knowledgeable people here to avoid you.

2) You really haven't described this problem anywhere. You've just said you have "flickering light through the screen," but I don't really know what that means. You seem to be assuming this is a hardware issue, and it certainly sounds like it could be, but without a clearer description we really can't offer you anything new that hasn't already been said.

3) If the tech at the Genius Bar can't see the problem happening, they can't really do much for you other than send it off for service. It is your choice whether or not to accept that service, but if it's a hardware issue, choosing not to have it serviced will mean choosing not to fix the problem.

4) You seem to be balking at the idea of buying a hard drive for backups. If you don't already have a hard drive that you're using for backups, you should get one regardless of whether you send the machine off for service. Without backups, it's just a matter of time before you lose some, or all, of your data.

Jun 9, 2013 3:48 AM in response to Suckerd

Why would I buy a new computer to have it sent off for two weeks?

Why would you buy a new computer to throw it in the trash when there's a problem with it?

It's six months old, you say, which is not "brand new." Get it fixed, or if you choose, don't get it fixed, but either way that's your choice, and not something Apple should be blamed for. For all we know here, you may have done something to damage the machine.

Ultimately, if you refuse to describe the problem in greater detail, there's absolutely nothing that any of us can do for you here. If you refuse the repair service Apple is offering, there's nothing they can do for you either. If you go to a court having refused all offers of assistance, the judge will probably laugh in your face. But you are, of course, free to do what you like.

Jun 9, 2013 4:20 AM in response to Suckerd

This is what it looks like

You have a hardware problem. If you don't let Apple repair it, you won't be getting that fixed. You could always pay a non-Apple tech to get it fixed, and perhaps their schedule might be more to your liking (or perhaps not), but it would not be a warranty repair.

Most stores would just hand you a new computer apologize and send you on your way? not Apple.

After six months? No, you're wrong. I'm not aware of any company that would just hand you a brand new machine after six months rather than dealing with this issue as a warranty repair.

Display flickering Retina MacBook Pro (NEW)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.