Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does your 2013 Macbook Air go to sleep even when you change the settings to Never?

I recntly bought my Macbook Air and have encountered problems with the sleep mode.

I have changed settings in energy saver settings for both batery power and power adaptor options and still my computer goes to sleep after 2 minutes without action.

I tried going to the screen saver section of system prefs and changed the 'start after' drop down menu to 'never'.

I need to uploads large files over long periods of time and sleeping just stops the uploads/downloads.

Very Annoying...

All help appreciated.

Thanks

JJH

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 3:41 PM

5 replies

Jun 6, 2013 2:21 AM in response to Linc Davis

HI Linc,

Many Thanks for your suggestion but this has not made a difference. While resetting the SMC, I did not notice anything or any sounds while pressing the SHIFT-OPTION-CONTROL & POWER buttons, is that to be expected?

After turning the computer back on, no difference was noticable and the computer still goes into sleep mode after about 30 seconds.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

JJH

Jun 6, 2013 7:50 AM in response to Joejhanrahan

Please read this whole message before doing anything.

This procedure is a diagnostic test. It’s unlikely to solve your problem. Don’t be disappointed when you find that nothing has changed after you complete it.
The purpose of the test is to determine whether the problem is caused by third-party software that loads automatically at startup or login, or by a peripheral device.

Disconnect all wired peripherals except those needed for the test, and remove all aftermarket expansion cards. Boot in safe mode and log in to the account with the problem. Note: If FileVault is enabled, or if a firmware password is set, or if the boot volume is a software RAID, you can’t do this. Ask for further instructions.

Safe mode is much slower to boot and run than normal, and some things won’t work at all, including Wi-Fi on certain iMacs. The next normal boot may also be somewhat slow.

The login screen appears even if you usually log in automatically. You must know your login password in order to log in. If you’ve forgotten the password, you will need to reset it before you begin.

Test while in safe mode. Same problem?

After testing, reboot as usual (i.e., not in safe mode) and verify that you still have the problem. Post the results of the test.

Dec 29, 2015 3:45 AM in response to Joejhanrahan

I haven't got a technical answer but as I just finished exporting a project via Premiere Pro editing software that had taken over 46hours to finally export; what worked for me this time was that I had a Internet live TV playing in Full screen on my computer "while charging it"; that kept the screen active because it wouldn't abruptly switch off while something is on; I kept it on charge even though it's fully charged, because otherwise the battery will run down fast.

@ToleXElijah

Does your 2013 Macbook Air go to sleep even when you change the settings to Never?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.