Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've been using Macs for 20 years, and iMovie '11 is an enigma. AUDIO lost TWICE IN A ROW.

UPDATE: I now see that I'm following instructions from back in 2008. STILL NEED HELP, though.

My daughter has TWICE created an iMovie (9.0.9) project, only to have the voiceovers STOP WORKING. You can see them; they are no longer audible. They are present in the "project package." She would be working with them over the duration of the project - - then they go SILENT.

The instructions online are incomprehensible (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2289):

"Switch to timeline view by clicking the clock button in the iMovie window." What "clock button"? Where? Why isn't there a "Timeline" option under "view" if there is such a thing as "timeline view"?

"There are three checkboxes on the right side of the iMovie window underneath the sound icon. These checkboxes correspond to the video track and two additional audio tracks. Make sure all three tracks are selected. Any deselected tracks are muted."

Where? What "sound icon"?

I'm sure there is an obvious solution we're overlooking - - what are we missing here?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 4:23 PM

There are no replies.

I've been using Macs for 20 years, and iMovie '11 is an enigma. AUDIO lost TWICE IN A ROW.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.