Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text missing from system preferences permissions window

I recently changed the short name on a 2009 (I think) Mac running OS 10.6.3. Everything transfered over fine, but when I went to disable the root user, the window asking the username and password appears completely blank (see picture below).

It's only happening with one user and only within systems preferences. I can select the different fields, but the text is not visible. However, I have been able to enter the information and proceed to unlocking the area.

If anyone out there knows how to fix this, your help and knowledge will be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Casey

User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 3:44 PM

2 replies

Jul 3, 2014 2:55 PM in response to Linc Davis

Mr. Davis, you helped me recently. My password is not being recognized by system preferences. I've tried changing the password, and it still doesn't recognize it. It allows me to login upon boot, but after that the password is not recognized. I can't open system preferences. Running Mavericks on an iMac 27" intel late 2013. I have tried with the user and get the same results. Can you help me. Then unexpectedly computer shuts off. Have to restart by turning off the spike control for more than 10 seconds and then I can reboot. Don't know if the two are related, but they started at the same time. Thanks in advance.

Text missing from system preferences permissions window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.