Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete a contact in Address Book

I have searched help while in MAIL of my Mac. All kinds of ways to Add contacts, but can't find how to delete contact.

Help me!

I know it's probably something simple, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 6:34 PM

3 replies

Jun 6, 2013 1:35 PM in response to susanmallen167

Yes, I am able to click on Address book, click on a name and it is gone.

BUT....

When I go to "MAIL" and the little Address book is in the bar at the top, I click the name I want to delete and I can click and delete and drag to trash and IT IS STILL THERE!!!!!!

I have been trying to remove an email address associated with a name that has a new email address. I think I have removed it and then I send an email to the person and hit send. Just assuming that it would be the corrected address, but NOOOOOOO, the old one gets sent (because I think I've corrected the problem) and it is returned "undeliverable".

So, this is once I am in the postage stamp, I have a letter in front of me and I start the name and up pops the correct email. I send it, and it comes back because it also had the outdated email.

Driving me nuts!!!

Thanks

How do I delete a contact in Address Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.