Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reading List - how to restore it

I downloaded Book Macster, a bookmarks sync application. After syncing my Safari bookmarks and data, the Reading List is now empty.

Is there a way to restore it?

I do an external drive backup, but am not sure where to look.

Are there other options?

Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 8:38 PM

9 replies

Aug 8, 2017 1:36 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hello, I have a french keyboard, all it said was you have to upload java... I did, now I have Adobe Dreamweaver that opens all my files and I cant read any, it's all incomprehensible. Where is folder? Is it finder? when I press the option key the writing is bizarre, not the letters of the keyboard. I'm really lost !

Thank you

Jun 5, 2013 9:59 PM in response to Chris Milligan

Triple-click the text on the line below to select it, then copy it to the Clipboard (command-C):

~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist

Quit Safari. Disable Safari synchronization in iCloud, if applicable.

Select

Go Go to Folder

from the Finder menu bar. Paste into the text box that opens (command-V), then press return.

A folder window should open with a file named "Bookmarks.plist" selected. Restore the file from a backup that predates the unwanted changes. If you disabled sync, re-enable it and test.

Reading List - how to restore it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.