Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I have one task server upload to another task server?

Hello all!

I'm looking for a way to use ARD Task server to monitor multiple different locations without choking my connection to my main server.

Ideally, what I would like to do, is have an organizations client machines report to a local task server, and then have that task server report to one central task server. I deal with multiple different organizations that all have similar setups and owuld like to create a central repository of reports (on the systems AND server) all through ARD task server. Keeping the reports from different organizations seperate will be key.

Thinking this through, it has ocurred to me to simply have everything report back to my main task server and keep them all grouped by IP/Organization name, but am not comfortable with multiple (at least 150-200) machines all sending reports back to one central server. I'd rather have all of the reports go to the organizations local server, and then have that server send out all of the info to the main TS. Is this possible?

For example, 10 machines +1 server at site A. These 10 machines all report to to the local server at site A. The server at site A then sends those reports to "my server" at a data center for me to review. I have 10 sites that I would like to have this process happen with, all reporting to one main task server where I can then connect to and review the generated reports for each organization.

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 7:13 PM

2 replies

Can I have one task server upload to another task server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.