Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade my Photoshop CS6 Standard to CS6 Extended

I currently have Adobe CS6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition Bundle installed on my Mac, which was purcharsed with the laptop from Apple. I have had a small insight to the Photoshop CS6 Extended creating three-dimentional objects and I have started to get really interested in it.

I want to find out if I can upgrade my current version of photoshop to the extended version? I dont want to buy the package again like Adobe said I would have to do if I wanted it.

Photoshop CS6 Standard-OTHER

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 3:02 AM

9 replies

Jun 6, 2013 7:24 AM in response to Alice Whiston

According to Chris Cox (a long time programmer for Adobe, and who answers a lot of questions on Adobe's Photoshop forum), the software is actually identical. What you enter for a serial number tells it to start up either as PS Standard, or PS Extended.

I think you're stuck, though. The number you have, and the price you paid, which is a lot less for the Standard version, is already linked to your Adobe account. The problem there is if you paid for an "upgrade", you would now have two, separately valid serial numbers for one purchased product. It's highly unlikely they would allow that.

Jun 6, 2013 11:33 AM in response to Alice Whiston

Alice Whiston wrote:

Yeah I spoke to Adobe again and they said the only way I can get the Photoshop CS6 Extended is to buy it separately... which is irritating because it will cost £230. When I have already paid for the porgramme in the first place ..........

You paid for the Standard version not the Extended version. Only Adobe can decide whether you can get the Extended version for free, (knowing Adobe I very much doubt that you can)

Jun 7, 2013 6:10 AM in response to Alice Whiston

I didn't want the extended for free! I wanted to pay the difference and upgrade it but they said I couldn't.

Yes, we know. But as I explained, the only way to change the software you already purchased to the Extended version is to give you a new serial number. That would mean having two serial numbers you can use to install the software with.

You're allowed to have any Adobe software activated on two computers. With two serial numbers for what is really only one purchase, you'd then be able to install PS on four computers; two as Standard and two as Extended. There's no way for Adobe to "take back" the original Standard serial number, or negate it. You would have two full licenses for one original purpose. That's why they won't do it for only the difference in price between the two versions.

Can I upgrade my Photoshop CS6 Standard to CS6 Extended

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.