Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does it cost and how do I replace my shattered IPhone 5 screen and the touch sensor under the glass?

What does it cost to replace my shattered IPhone 5 screen and the touch sensor under the glass?

iPhone 5

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 8:48 PM

7 replies

Jun 6, 2013 12:28 AM in response to OldColdRanger

On the iPhone 5 the screen and 'touch sensor' are actually in the glass, this is one way they made the phone so slim. The whole screen would need replacing therefore Apple may be able to do this on the iPhone 5 but its more likely you will have to pay for a replacement handset. In the US it seems to be between $149 & $200 from what I have read if you still have warranty.

What does it cost and how do I replace my shattered IPhone 5 screen and the touch sensor under the glass?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.