Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX 10.8.4 WLAN WPA2/WPA not working

Hello!

I've tried to update my macbook pro to osx 10.8.4. While my macbook rebooted, it said, that the update failed. I clicked the OK button and waited until it completely started. Then I tried to connect to my wlan (with no success). I got a "Connection timeout.". So I disabled/re-enabled my wlan, removed the wlan interface in the network panel, rebooted my macbook, added the network panel and got rid of the connection timeout. But it wasn't working: I got the error, that I couldn't connect to this network. I tried a lot: Repaired the access privileges in the utility program, changed my location in the network panel. I also reseted my router, but this was not the problem, because I could connect to it with my iphone without problems.

Then I discovered that I can connect to every network that has no encryption or has WEP encryption. I changed my wlan security settings in my router to "NO" and "WEP" (just for testing) and I could connect. But when I change it to WPA or WPA2 I can not connect (Yes, the password is right)..

What can I do now? How can I solve that? OSX 10.8.4 log says that it improves some points concerning wlan, so I think it has something to do with that. However beside the wlan my macbook is working great and (in contrast to the error message when updating), the "About Mac" panel says OSX 10.8.4.

Thank you for your help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 7:43 AM

Found the problem. I forgot to update Little Snitch, it was the reason that the update failed. After removing it and reinstalling the update, everything works great.

1 reply

OSX 10.8.4 WLAN WPA2/WPA not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.