Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

organizing documents in folders in iCloud?

I can put documents in my iCloud, but they are just dumped there. Can I create folders so I can organize the documents? The help page seems to indicate so (it talks about renaming documents and folders), but I don't see a way to do it. I tried to move a folder full of document from my desktop to iCloud, but got a message that the file format (of the folder) is not supported.

Being able to organize documents into folders would make the cloud much more usable for document.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 6:37 AM

When you open or save a document to iCloud, you can create folders by dragging documents onto each other. That will create folders in iCloud, for example in TextEdit, when opening a document with "File > Open":

User uploaded file

Drag one icon on top of the other and select the heading "Folder", then enter a name for the folder. The same will work with Pages or other iCoud applications.

Regards

Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2013 6:37 AM in response to LMM53

When you open or save a document to iCloud, you can create folders by dragging documents onto each other. That will create folders in iCloud, for example in TextEdit, when opening a document with "File > Open":

User uploaded file

Drag one icon on top of the other and select the heading "Folder", then enter a name for the folder. The same will work with Pages or other iCoud applications.

Regards

Léonie

organizing documents in folders in iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.