Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

organizing documents in folders in iCloud?

I can put documents in my iCloud, but they are just dumped there. Can I create folders so I can organize the documents? The help page seems to indicate so (it talks about renaming documents and folders), but I don't see a way to do it. I tried to move a folder full of document from my desktop to iCloud, but got a message that the file format (of the folder) is not supported.

Being able to organize documents into folders would make the cloud much more usable for document.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 6:37 AM

When you open or save a document to iCloud, you can create folders by dragging documents onto each other. That will create folders in iCloud, for example in TextEdit, when opening a document with "File > Open":

User uploaded file

Drag one icon on top of the other and select the heading "Folder", then enter a name for the folder. The same will work with Pages or other iCoud applications.

Regards

Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2013 6:37 AM in response to LMM53

When you open or save a document to iCloud, you can create folders by dragging documents onto each other. That will create folders in iCloud, for example in TextEdit, when opening a document with "File > Open":

User uploaded file

Drag one icon on top of the other and select the heading "Folder", then enter a name for the folder. The same will work with Pages or other iCoud applications.

Regards

Léonie

organizing documents in folders in iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.