I was researching wireless printer connectivity troubleshooting and I found this article for you.
Named Troubleshooting printer issues in OS X and can be found here http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3147.
USB printers and Bonjour-enabled network printers
Follow these steps until the issue is addressed:
- Make sure that the printer is powered on, has ink / toner, and that there are no alerts on the printer’s control panel. Note: If you cannot clear an alert on the printer's control panel, stop here and check the printer's documentation or contact the manufacturer for support.
- Ensure the printer is properly connected to a USB port on the Mac or AirPort base station / Time Capsule. If the printer is a network-capable printer, make sure that it is properly connected to your home network.
- Use Software Update to find and install the latest available updates. If an update is installed, see if the issue persists.
- Open the Print & Scan pane or Print & Fax (Snow Leopard) pane in System Preferences.
- Delete the affected printer, then add the printer again.
If the issue persists, try these additional steps:
All the best,
Could not connect Bro 2270dw to wireless.
Called support, they were very nice and worked about an hour on the phone with me.
But, no dice.... after all did not work.
After the call, I decided to boot the mac in Win7 and it installed to the wireless in minutes.
Lastly, after rebooting on OS 10.8 it still worked. So, windows was good for something.
Hope this helps.
Similar to DocBill - I installed the wiresless setup + driver using a Lenovo laptop. After MULTIPLE attempts of installing/deleteing and resintalling the wireless via a USB cable, the printer worked wirelessly.
After that, I reinstalled the driver on my macbook with no connection to the . I went to go print, switched to the HL-2270DW. The computer did some fancy things and found the printer on the network. So now it works on my mac, too. Very happy this works - had to trash my old wireless brother laser printer becuase it became impossible to set up with my network.
Hope that helps!