Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken battery?

I just replaced a new battery to my iPhone 4s. The reason that I replaced battery was because it had an huge battery drain every minute.

After replacing the new battery, the phone randomly shuts off without me using it at all. It has also started to "lag" (it lags when swiping the homescreen and using apps etc. )

Is there anything I can do to make things alright here?

Thanks for every suggestions!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 9:22 AM

6 replies

Jun 6, 2013 12:04 PM in response to Ludvig Hansen

I upgraded to 613 last week from 511 and have found that the battery drain issue is real. I waited to upgrade for several reasons, but wanted better security. So, my 3gs phone drains in about 3 hours and like everyone else who has been advised,resetting this and that and turning off this and that is not a solution. I did discover though, while sitting through a 6 hour mariner game against the white soxyesterday, 16 innnings ! and mariners lost; was that If I set my : reset network settings", then it drains a charge at 1 % every 5 min, ratherthan 1 % per minute. This is with the screen saver turned off. If i black it out, it lastlonger; however, let me start using it again, and the drain is faster but not at 1% perminute. This being said, I called apple today, gave a report and hopefully they'llfix it. Its definetly a network software program issue. At least I found a temp solutionto maintain my battery life, somewhat. No iphone upgrade for me, will have to switch off if they cant solve this. Hope this helps.

Broken battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.